Monday 25 July 2011

My World Tuesday - Found Objects.

I like found objects, simple things. Sticks. Stones. Large leaves. Shells. Most nature watching comes into the class of found objects as well. Chance encounters. Fleeting glimpses. I don't like it as much when the wildlife is on tap, around bird feeders, or begging for food.

Beaches are some of the best places I know for found objects. They change hour by hour and a morning walk, best just after high tide, always seems to bring something to light. Some living, some not. These are set of pictures I made of some of the shells we found during our week on Magnetic Island. I don't know what most of them are, but for me that's part of the charm of shells, they seem so fine and yet so unknowable. I hope you like them.













You can find lots of other good things to see here or by clicking on the My World Tuesday button on the RHS of the screen.

You can also see my most recent post on my other blog by clicking the Paying Ready Attention button on the RHS of the screen.

9 comments:

  1. beautiful and lots of variety. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun walking the beach and finding shells! You got a good collection here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh did you find them...I should be so happy to be there and find some to, they are beautiful! We dont have such big and coulorful seashells here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are terrific, Stewart! I love walking on the beach just after the tide has gone out and I, too, have found some beautiful shells and rocks! But yours are really fantastic! Hope your week is off to a great start! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beaches are wonderful and you've got some fabulous finds and photos there Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting series of shells!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful collection of shells.

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love shells, they carry me to the immensity of the sea ...

    oa.s

    ReplyDelete